KNOXVILLE, Tenn., Oct. 09, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Scripps Networks Interactive today announced it will develop premium lifestyle shows for Watch, a new platform for mid-form video on Facebook, as well as its featured Spotlight section. The company’s digital production division, Scripps Lifestyle Studios, will produce shows inspired by popular Food Network, HGTV, and Travel Channel content, as well as shows created exclusively for Facebook.
A photo accompanying this announcement is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/NewsRoom/AttachmentNg/197c4845-bd9d-4b9d-b464-f37be28367ad
“This partnership with Facebook is a great complement to our efforts to engage passionate fans with compelling, premium content on every platform,” said Henry Ahn, President of Content Distribution and Marketing for Scripps Networks Interactive.
Vikki Neil, General Manager of Scripps Lifestyle Studios, added, “Our digital strategy to reach younger audiences with original inspirational and aspirational content is a perfect fit for Facebook’s new video-focused platform.”
Facebook introduced the video-centric venue to a limited group of users in the U.S. earlier this summer, and the platforms launched wide in recent weeks. Scripps Networks’ newly published show pages in Watch for Facebook include:
- From Food Network, Sweet Side of Life features Raiza Costa, who bakes up creative (and sometimes quirky) desserts that mimic the beauty in the world or just make everyday life a little sweeter.
- Food Network Finds, also by Food Network, has the simplest of missions: finding great food, one day at a time.
- Easy, Medium, Boss by Spoon University (which was acquired by Scripps Networks in the spring), showcases one ingredient used in three different recipes – easy, medium and boss!
- From Scripps Lifestyle Studios’ newest digital brand, Genius Kitchen, GK Now is a new weekly show stuffed with food news, pop culture, famous faces, cooking demos and the latest trends.
- From HGTV, Grown Up Goals features popular influencers Mr. Kate and Joey, showing the basics of adulting, from partying without a keg to decorating a guest bedroom.
- The Real by Travel Channel joins journalist, traveler and adventurer Kinga Philipps as she sets out to discover the real story behind some favorite vacation destinations.
- Travel Channel’s Big City, Little Budget joins travel pro Oneika Raymond as she shows how to live large for very little in the most expensive cities in the United States.
The company’s shows in Spotlight, created exclusively for Facebook include:
- From Food Network, Experimental Eats, a curated collection of social feeds and celebrity news challenges young, curious foodies to try the daily diets of their favorite trending celebs or icons on for size.
- High Brow/Low Brow, also by Food Network, challenges a different expert and amateur to find the best version of a dish, no matter the budget. Will $60 pizza topped with caviar prevail? Or will the dollar slice on the corner win the judges’ hearts?
- From HGTV, The Find & the Fix explores ways to turn unexpected diamonds in the rough into stunning décor, from dorm room to first-apartment flair and even signature pieces in forever homes. The journey is the story; with over 1 million #thrift and 1.2 million #upcycle tags on Instagram, we’re taking over this trend!
- Also from HGTV, Clash of the Crafters – One trending DIY project. Two competitors. Thirty minutes on the clock. Time for a showdown! Host Maria Antoinette challenges an expert and a novice to tackle the same project two ways (sometimes with hilarious results) with limited time and materials.
- One Bag and You’re Out by Travel Channel provides inspiration on what to bring camping, to a festival, to New York City, or for a job interview. Expert travelers demonstrate the essentials to look like a local and pack like a pro – all in one bag.
About Scripps Networks Interactive
Scripps Networks Interactive, Inc. (Nasdaq:SNI) is one of the leading developers of engaging lifestyle content in the home, food and travel categories for television, the Internet and emerging platforms. The company's lifestyle media portfolio includes leading TV and entertainment brands HGTV, Food Network, Travel Channel, DIY Network, Cooking Channel and Great American Country. Its digital division Scripps Lifestyle Studios creates compelling content for online, social and mobile platforms. International operations include TVN, Poland’s premier multi-platform media company; UKTV, an independent commercial joint venture with BBC Worldwide; Asian Food Channel, the first pan-regional TV food network in Asia; and lifestyle channel Fine Living Network. The company’s global networks and websites reach millions of consumers across North and South America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, the Middle East and Africa. Scripps Networks Interactive is headquartered in Knoxville, Tenn. For more information, please visit scrippsnetworksinteractive.com.
Scripps Networks Interactive
Rachel Lodi | 212.524.5543 | email@example.com
Matt Kothe | 865.560.3958 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Scripps Networks Interactive, Inc.